Events and Conferencing Officer (Fixed Term Position)
We are looking for an Events and Conferencing Officer to be a highly organised and efficient point of contact for external clients, to manage internal and external room bookings, to assist in the delivery of events and to provide an outstanding level of customer care.
Salary: £18-22k per annum
The MAC wants to play a leading role in the pursuit of our vision - a creative and confident society that celebrates diversity.
Our mission is to inspire and challenge everyone who experiences the MAC and that includes people who work with us; to create unforgettable experiences that change people’s view of their society and their place in it; to create a space that kick starts connections between people, and between people and art; to build Belfast’s reputation as one of the world’s most creative cities by bringing the world’s best art to our city and our best art to the world; and to reach further into society to those who live with the worst effects of inequality and division.
If you’re a high-performing person inspired by our vision and mission (and are passionate about working hard to help us achieve these) we want to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be a personable and enthusiastic individual, with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with confidence. You will be responsible for ensuring that customers and visitors to the MAC receive outstanding service and quality and that events run smoothly from start to finish. Excellent communication skills are crucial, with strong attention to detail. Also, you will need to effectively manage the competing demands for space within this busy multi-use arts venue. Finally, you will be passionate about the MAC and will enthusiastically embrace all elements of its unique organisational culture.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths at grade C or above
- 1 year's events management experience
- Experience of organising events in a commercial environment
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a client facing role
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers/ audience members
- Experience of providing a smooth efficient service to a range of stakeholders
- Experience of delivering on financial targets Experience of data processing, using a computerised database system
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Experience of working within a corporate and multi-functional environment
- Customer Care Qualification
- Experience managing project budgets
- Sales experience in a corporate environment
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Friday 18 May 2018. Interviews will take place week commencing 21 May 2018.
The MAC is an equal opportunities employer.