Call out for artists to join the MAC’s HATCH supported artist scheme
HATCH encourages risk-taking, experimentation, and innovation that aims to enrich your creative practice. This is a moment to further investigate an evolved idea, giving it space to breathe and grow.
This year the MAC will offer 2 places in the HATCH programme to individual artists, creatives, or companies working in live performance. Applicants can be of any performance discipline and at any stage in their career. HATCH is a flexible programme which takes place across a twelve-month period, from April 2022 – March 2023.
To find out more about HATCH download the application guidelines below.
Guidelines, application form and equal opportunities monitoring form can be downloaded here:
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Friday 18 March 2022
Access support is available for HATCH applicants, including alternative application formats and support that works for you. If you’d like to discuss with a member of the team please email [email protected].
- Financial support of £2500 towards development and/or presentation, which could take the form of a table read, rehearsed reading, in progress presentation if appropriate finished performance.
- Artistic development mentoring from key MAC staff including reasonable support and advice in Marketing, Finance and Technical if required.
- Rehearsal space where possible, and subject to availability.
- Planning meetings with the Creative team.
- Free and discounted tickets to MAC curated performances.
- Invitations to networking events with national and international arts organisations where appropriate.
HATCH is looking for:
HATCH is open to local and Northern Ireland based artists who work in live performance. In particular the MAC welcomes applications from those artists who are willing to take risks, be brave and to learn from others around them. Artists should set out in their application how the scheme would benefit their practice. Tell us why the scheme is right for you, why it would help at this particular time, and why the MAC is the right place for you to work.
How to apply to HATCH:
Download the application form and complete along with an equal opportunities monitoring form and return both by email to [email protected] by 12pm on Friday 18 March 2022.
Applicants will be notified by Friday 25 March 2022.
We especially encourage applications from people who are European, African diaspora, East Asian diaspora, South East Asian Diaspora, South Asian Diaspora, West Asian and Middle East Diaspora, bi-racial or mixed heritage, People of Colour or Black, and from the Travelling community. We actively encourage applications from neuro-diverse and disabled artists as well as artists of any gender or gender non-conforming.