You can now book to watch Father the Father on demand until Saturday 17 April.
"The living have a way of haunting the dead" - Gilly Campbell
It is 1973 and Daughter is born to an unwed single mother from Downpatrick but who was her father? 45 years later she begins the journey to find out and discovers that the Derry man is not at all what she expected.
'Father the Father' was born out of Gilly Campbell's need for catharsis in documenting her thoughts, feelings and questions surrounding the search and discovery of her father after 45 years of not knowing who he was, never mind meeting him.
At once sad and hopeful, this is just one story from the dark ages of secrecy that surrounded "illegitimate" children in Ireland. Giving a voice to those who are its legacy, this is a deeply personal tale of one woman's relationship to her father and the questions she has always wanted to ask him. Not an ode, but rather a woman taking ownership of the past, her identity and ultimately, her father.
Abigail McGibbon (Sadie, A Streetcar Named Desire, Everything Between Us (Irish Times Best Supporting Actress)) stars in this one-woman play brought to you by the award-winning Prime Cut Productions (Removed, Red, Scorch) and the MAC. Watch the digital world premiere online at 8pm on Thursday 8 April and on-demand until 11:59pm on Saturday 17 April.
Filmed live in the Upstairs Theatre at the MAC.
How to book for and watch On Demand, Friday 9 - Saturday 17 April
- Click the BOOK NOW button and select the date you plan to watch on demand - available from 8:01pm on 8 April
- Select the price you wish to pay for your ticket using our 'pay what you can' model
- Follow the basket process through login and payment
- Remember to enter your mobile number if you wish to receive a reminder text link for the show
- Following booking, you will receive a confirmation email
- You'll receive your link to watch in a separate e-ticket email as soon as you book - this will work straight away if you want to watch now or you can save it to watch anytime up to midnight on Saturday 17 April.
- Click the link - sit back, relax and enjoy from the comfort of your own home