Belfeast is a new three-day food and drink festival based in the city's historic Cathedral Quarter. Celebrating everything that is great about our outstanding local food and drink industry.
As part of the festival, Belfeast Food Theatre at the MAC is hosted by Kim Lenaghan. You'll meet some of the stars of the local restaurant scene as they reveal the secrets behind some of their favourite dishes.
See below for an outline of each session, for further details on Belfeast Food Theatre and the full festival line-up,
Saturday 24 March
Session 1 (11-2pm):
- 11am: The Best of Belfast Brunching with Tim Fetherston from General Merchants.
- 12noon: Seasonal Eating, Kim Close with Will Donnan from Flavour First
- 1pm: Keeping Local Traditions Alive with Calvin and Jane Holohan from Holohan’s Pantry and Holohan’s at The Barge
Session 2 (2-5pm):
- 2pm: Veganism, Flexitarianism, Reductarianism - Food Fad or Fact with Ben Arnold from Home
- 3pm: Me and My Mentor with Danny Millar from Balloo Inns and Richard McCracken from Cyprus Avenue
- 4pm: A Perfect Pairing with Niall McKenna from Jame Street South Restaurant Group with Gerry White from Jawbox Gin
Sunday 25 March
Session 3 (11-2pm):
- 11am: NI Produce Showcase Brunch with Stephen Jeffers, Forestside Cookery School
- 12noon: The Italian Job with Tony O’Neill from Coppi
- 1pm: From Farm to Fork with Jilly and Simon Dougan from NATIVE at Yellow Door at The MAC
Session 4 (2-5pm):
- 2pm: Chef Why Is My Plate So Small? With Gerard Doran from Buba
- 3pm: Fish Made Simple with Alex Greene from Deanes EIPIC and Lisa McBride of Mourne Fishbox
- 4pm: The Magic of Meat with Joseph Neeson from The Bull & Ram